Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hello World!

Hi,  I'm CK (I'll refer to myself as such, because there are some crazies out there) and I'd rather not broadcast my name out in the on-line world.   Let me preface the start of this Blog by saying.... this is not a Blog about "Going Green"... I am far from an environmentalist (I do drive an SUV,  but occassionally buy environmentally safe products, turn off the lights when it isn't dark out, carpool, and recycle/upcycle as much as I can and have been successful at starting my own garden and actually yeilding veggies from it), but if "that" type of green is what you were were expecting to read about.... sorry! 

This Blog is for me and anyone who appreciates easy, simple and creative ways to decorate their home incorporating a hint of color (my favorite hue? - Lime Green).  My Little Obsession has compelled me to blog about my use of it in our soon to be next home. There is something organic about using the color green, and this obession happend to start with my Pinterest.com marathons during my kids' naptime.   I am a lover of this color and it's use with everything from burlap, wood, fabric, canvas, drop cloth material.... anything having to do with home decor in an understated sort of way.

I do have a family Blog (which I share only with my family and friends), a business Blog for my on-line business, and this Blog.  I don't claim to be a hardcore Blogger, but I do hope to learn more as this progresses, so bare with me... I'll try and make it interesting and hope to inspire you through my journey of upcoming projects.   Join me on this room by room transformation, and love fun-interesting-easy-and useful projects.  The next few months will be me gathering and sorting what it is I'll be doing.

I (We) have an impending move in the next 4.5 months, which means.... a new home!  Hooooraaaay!  I am ready for a change!  And the first thing on my agenda is to sell, donate or purge what I already have and can't incorporate in my upcomping projects.   Thankfully, there is a Hobby Lobby close by!  LOVE that place!   I have so many ideas and projects to share with you....  Some borrowed, some borrowed and tweeked and some of my own that I will chronicle in this Blog using the color green.

Now as for my style and what you can kind of expect from me...  Let's see, well, Pottery Barn/Crate and Barrel/CB2 meets Pier One - Cost Plus World Market with a rustic-modern-mix and part shabby chic - ish style.  I am a minimalist - HATE the over-use of chachki's around the house  - I mean really, do you need 1000 of one thing?  I like things that are understated, yet appealing and inspiring.    You will just have to stay tuned!  Join me on my step by step tutorials.  Feel free to comment and offer any input! 

No comments:

Post a Comment