Tuesday, January 10, 2012

ORGANIZE - Part One

I did it.  I started to organize.  I went through my home office (what became a Christmas decor catch-all war zone during the holidays).   I really think this is half the battle when you are trying to minimize what you have and get rid of the things that you don't need - getting to this point where you just do it.  Start with one corner of a room and work your way through it.

I get comments all the time from my friends when they come to visit... They think that my home is "perfect" and "kept" and everything is always in place.  It is the furthest thing from the truth.  Everyone has a dirty little secret -  That one room, or the basement where that hot mess is hidden and out of sight.   Contrary to my friends, I have one too.   I always love those Blogs that show before's and afters and what their homes/work spaces/rooms look like on a daily basis.   It connects them to their followers on a normal level and doesn't make them feel like the end result isn't obtainable.  So I hope this offers you some hope and inspiration to do something about that clutter and get to that point where you can start projects, finish them, and be proud of something that you made yourself. 

I am on my way to getting rid the stuff I don't need so I can start sharing those DIY projects with you!

See!  Here is my dirty little secret - the beginning of organizing my mess of a home office.  One of two
places I will be Organizing, Selling things from, Donating what I can't sell and then purging the rest.  To my girlfriends who would not believe that I am capable of having a messy home - the proof is in the pudding - I am sure there are many of you who can relate (my organized mess):




You thought I was joking about the crayons in my first Blog entry didn't you?
... and the baskets for every season - don't need them!

No comments:

Post a Comment