This will be my first of several projects I'll be sharing with you all. And am so excited to post the finished product, that I can't even contain myself. I have yet to reveal exactly what this "Project" is because I have only purchased my materials, but am happy to reveal those. I found all these items at Lowes, but I assume you can get these at any Big Box store - i.e. Home Depot, Ace Hardware, Etc.... All these products cost me about $30 (and I used my military discount - which I LOVE that Lowes honors).
 |
| Rust-Oleum - Brown Satin (Smooth Protective Enamel) |
 |
| 2 Packs of (wood) Flat Phillips screws size: 10 x 3/4 |
 |
| Six 6 Inch Mending Plates - You can find these in the section where all the door hinges are. You'll need these to attach your planks together. |
 |
| I bought (2) 1" x 6" x 4 ' boards - Cheap Pine Paint Grade and had one of the guys at Lowes cut them for me into 16" planks - instead of waiting for the Hubby to get home after a long day at work and putting him to work by cutting them for me. The two boards yielded 6 planks like you see below. |
 |
| You'll see that there is an obvious grain in the wood - I really do like that... because it makes it look rustic and natural and the over-all project just looks better - You'll see what I mean! |
No comments:
Post a Comment